PA Museums Jobs – Collections Curator Jobs Employment in Harrisburg, PA, USA. PA Museums Job Search. Get Government Jobs Alert in USA. Current PA Museums USA Jobs. Coming Soon Federal Government Jobs for PA Museums Careers Employment Website.
Job seekers who are preparing for PA Museums Jobs Employment in USA. We want to tell them that lots of jobs available at PA Museums Careers site. You can make here PA Museums Job Search according to your ability and grow your career with newest PA Museums Careers Opportunity.
At this time we found best jobs at PA Museums Careers portal. You can apply with the help of information provided by usa.governmentjobswork.com. Here you can check eligibility of any job profile those given at PA Museums.
PA Museums Jobs – Apply Now for Collections Curator Careers Harrisburg, PA
Best Jobs in PA Museums:- PA Museums Careers site has published PA Museums Jobs notification for Collections Curator Position. Candidates who have Master’s degree or equivalent work experience can apply online through PA Museums Recruitment site. The location of this Collections Curator Position is Pennsylvania.
PA Museums Jobs description related to this Collections Curator Position like Job request number, Job Location, Educational background, required age, Salary and benefits provided in details below. You should check all details before apply.
PA Museums Jobs Summary According to PA Museums Careers Site
|Recruiting Agency :- PA Museums
Name of Profile :- Collections Curator
Job Location :- Pennsylvania
Salary :- $ 52,000.00 Per Year
The Collections Curator, within the overall mission of the organization, will strengthen the development, care, management, research, and interpretation of our material culture collections, and ensure accessibility and meaningful public engagement.
- Supports the mission, vision, and core values of Lancaster Mennonite Historical Society
- Respects the dignity and diversity of all persons
- Values being part of a team and collaborating
- Embraces an openness to change
- Thinks strategically and attends to details
- Enjoys interacting with people as a major aspect of work
- Communicates proactively and in a manner that fosters respect for one another
- Master’s degree in museum studies with an emphasis on curation, collections management, material culture, or similar
- Minimum 3 years experience in collections management, curation, and exhibit design
- Effective project management and organizational skills
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to organize, present, and communicate messages effectively through design
- Strong computer skills, and knowledge of museum software (preferably Past Perfect)
- Ability to appropriately lead while also working well in a team context
- Ability to provide own transportation between campuses; mileage reimbursement available
- Successfully pass all required child abuse clearances and background checks
- Physical requirements: capable of seeing, walking, standing, and moderate lifting (25 lbs)
- Familiarity with material culture of Mennonites and Mennonite-related groups in Southeastern PA
- Familiarity with Indigenous material culture and history in Southeastern PA
- General familiarity with Pennsylvania and regional Mennonite history
- Basic fluency in reading High German text and the ability to transcribe and translate Pennsylvania German script
- Assess current state of collections on all campuses of LMHS
- Assure acquired artifacts fit within our collections management policy and that they are timely accessioned and catalogued
- Research, develop, lead, and produce exhibits that make our collections accessible to the general public, educate, and tell compelling stories
- Monitor, maintain, and preserve existing artifact collections
- Collaborate with Retail Specialist to develop collections- and exhibit-related products for sale in museum stores
- Maintain correct and up-to-date collection records through digital means.
- Recruit, manage, and thank volunteers and interns; coordinate staff assisting on specific strategic projects
- Manage and document artifact loans in/out and transfers to or from our museum sites
- Successfully represent LMHS at professional meetings, networking events, and through professional presentations
- Ensure artifact storage space is clean, well-organized, includes finding aids, and that our facilities are used in maximally efficient ways
- Serve as a member of the Leadership Team
- Work constructively with the Museum Committee