Illinois Department of Human Services Jobs – Psychiatric Medical Director Jobs Employment in Lombard, Illinois, USA. Illinois Department of Human Services Job Search. Get Government Jobs Alert in USA. Current Illinois Department of Human Services USA Jobs. Coming Soon Federal Government Jobs for Illinois Department of Human Services Careers Employment Website.
Job seekers who are preparing for Illinois Department of Human Services Jobs Employment in USA. We want to tell them that lots of jobs available at Illinois Department of Human Services Careers site. You can make here Illinois Department of Human Services Job Search according to your ability and grow your career with newest Illinois Department of Human Services Careers Opportunity.
At this time we found best jobs at Illinois Department of Human Services Careers portal. You can apply with the help of information provided by usa.governmentjobswork.com. Here you can check eligibility of any job profile those given at Illinois Department of Human Services .
Illinois Department of Human Services Jobs – Apply Now for Psychiatric Medical Director Careers Lombard, Illinois
Best Jobs in Illinois Department of Human Services :- Illinois Department of Human Services Careers site has published Illinois Department of Human Services Jobs notification for Psychiatric Medical Director Position. Candidates who have required qualification can apply online through Illinois Department of Human Services Recruitment site. The location of this Psychiatric Medical Director Position is Illinois.
Illinois Department of Human Services Jobs description related to this Psychiatric Medical Director Position like Job request number, Job Location, Educational background, required age, Salary and benefits provided in details below. You should check all details before apply.
Illinois Department of Human Services Jobs Summary According to Illinois Department of Human Services Careers Site
|Recruiting Agency :- Illinois Department of Human Services
Illinois Department of Human Services of Profile :- Psychiatric Medical Director
Job Location :- Illinois
Salary :- $37.22 per hour
The Division of Mental Health is seeking to hire an Illinois licensed medical professional to provide psychiatry medical expertise for civil patient admissions at our State Operated Psychiatric Hospitals (SOPH). This position, in conjunction with the SOPH Administrator’s, will clinically supervise Medical Directors, Department physicians and staff assigned to inpatient civil unit programs and cases. As the State Mental Health Authority, the Division is responsible for assuring that children, adolescents and adults, throughout Illinois, have the availability of and access to public-funded mental health services for those who are diagnosed with a mental illness or emotional disturbance and an impaired level of functioning based on a mental health assessment. Service delivery in DMH is provided within five geographically organized service Regions, through 162 community mental health centers/agencies (called ‘Providers’), 27 community hospitals with psychiatric units and seven state-operated hospitals, the latter containing both civil and forensic beds.
- Serves as Psychiatric Medical Director for civil patient services.
- Serves as full-line supervisor.
- Provides direct consultation and supervision to civil unit psychiatric staff in state operated inpatient programs regarding best practices and care for patients.
- Provides psychiatric expertise to Medical Directors.
- Assists state operated facility staff in coordinating continuing education training relevant to clinical best practices.
- Provides input on civil patient matters to Departmental strategic planning, block grant planning and other departmental goal setting and plans.
- Attends court hearings.
- Assists the Chief of Clinical Services.
- Serves on behalf of the Chief of Clinical Services.
- Requires Illinois licensure to practice medicine and completion of an approved residency in Psychiatry.
- Requires three (3) years of substantive medical experience in clinical/medical program direction, planning and evaluation at an administrative level in a mental health setting.
Preferred Qualifications (In priority order)
- Three (3) years professional experience in developing psychiatric facility policy and procedural guidelines.
- Two (2) years professional experience supervising professional staff including psychiatrists, primary care staff, physician assistants, and/or nurse practitioners.
- Possess a valid Board Certification in Psychiatry.
- Two (2) years professional experience in the review and understanding of mental health codes, and various accreditation and certification bodies to develop facility policy and procedure.
- Three (3) years psychiatric experience in attending court hearings, testifying for civil admission hearings, petitioning for involuntary medication, and consulting with the legal community regarding medical legal issues.
- As a physician, has one (1) year of experience in collaborating with community agencies, state universities, medical centers and other state agencies regarding healthcare delivery initiatives or research.
- Three (3) years professional experience interacting with and communicating clearly and tactfully with a wide range of individuals, that may include state agency officials, court officials, correctional and detention facility officials, community service providers, advocacy group leadership, legislators, and/or members of the media.
- Two (2) years professional experience in coordinating continuing education training for physicians, physician assistants, and/or nurse practitioners.
Conditions of Employment
- Requires ability to travel.
- Requires the ability to meet all agency vaccine/health-related policies and guidance.