Explore Schools Jobs – Finance Associate Jobs Employment in Brooklyn, New York, USA. Explore Schools Job Search. Get Government Jobs Alert in USA. Current Explore Schools USA Jobs. Coming Soon Federal Government Jobs for Explore Schools Careers Employment Website.
Job seekers who are preparing for Explore Schools Jobs Employment in USA. We want to tell them that lots of jobs available at Explore Schools Careers site. You can make here Explore Schools Job Search according to your ability and grow your career with newest Explore Schools Careers Opportunity.
At this time we found best jobs at Explore Schools Careers portal. You can apply with the help of information provided by usa.governmentjobswork.com. Here you can check eligibility of any job profile those given at Explore Schools .
Explore Schools Jobs – Apply Now for Finance Associate Careers Brooklyn, New York
Best Jobs in Explore Schools :- Explore Schools Careers site has published Explore Schools Jobs notification for Finance Associate Position. Candidates who have required qualification can apply online through Explore Schools Recruitment site. The location of this Finance Associate Position is New York.
Explore Schools Jobs description related to this Finance Associate Position like Job request number, Job Location, Educational background, required age, Salary and benefits provided in details below. You should check all details before apply.
Explore Schools Jobs Summary According to Explore Schools Careers Site
|Recruiting Agency :- Explore Schools
Name of Profile :- Finance Associate
Job Location :- New York
Salary :- $65374.00 per year
Full Job Description
Finance Associate, Brooklyn, New York
In-Person Work Required
WHO WE ARE
Explore Schools is a network of public charter schools providing 2,000 students in Brooklyn with the outstanding education they deserve. Our goal is to provide students with curriculum and instruction that is both standards-aligned and culturally responsive. Our approach is designed to provide the conditions to nurture students as critical thinkers and natural problem-solvers. As an organization we are committed to engaging in work that disrupts and roots out systems and structures that perpetuate white supremacy. We intentionally seek to build and maintain a diverse and talented team that reflects the backgrounds and experiences of our students and creates an inclusive environment for all employees.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We believe that all children can learn when immersed in a rich environment full of high expectations, rigorous academics, and caring, committed adults. We believe equity and excellence are not mutually exclusive—we can meet the needs of all students in our schools, while actively engaging parents and driving toward excellent academic results. We believe it is both our privilege and responsibility to help close the opportunity gap in the Brooklyn community.
WHO YOU ARE
Explore Schools seeks a professional with a minimum of 1 year of experience in Accounting or Finance to fill in the role of Finance Associate. The ideal candidate thrives in a hands-off environment where you proactively problem solve and propose solutions. You have superb organizing and prioritizing skills, meeting deadlines and staying on top of important details, as well as a strong working knowledge of Excel. The Finance Associate should enjoy collaborating in a team and supporting where needed. We are looking for candidates with the following qualities:
- Dedicated to working in communities that have historically been underserved and under-resourced
- Committed to thoughtfully engaging in identity work necessary to take a culturally responsive approach to pedagogy and relationship-building with students and colleagues
- Strong technical skills in Excel and meticulous data management abilities, required
- Comfortable with technology, accounting software, and data entry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates the ability to accommodate a high level of responsibilities and multi-task
- Reflective attitude: an ability to constantly reflect on personal areas of strength and growth
- Flexibility: willingness to work in a changing field and face challenges with a positive attitude
- Professional integrity: an alignment with the values and ethical standards of Explore Schools
- Previous bookkeeping or accounting experience, preferred
- 1-3 Years of experience with Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business, strongly preferred
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Finance Associate supports a dedicated team in charge of overseeing the Financial Management of our schools and network. You will contribute to proper reconciliation, filing for requests, and tracking of spending in order to keep Explore Schools within compliance. You will be expected to manage the following:
- Assisting with managing Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions as well as bookkeeping duties
- Performing monthly credit card reconciliations across all entities
- Maintaining accurate records of all financial transactions
- Processing invoices, issuing checks and preparing for signatures/disbursement
- Assisting in the preparation of financial reports
- Supporting the process of enrollment reconciliation and special populations services reporting
- Using accrual accounting for entries including correct dates and descriptions
- Coding expenses using existing COA and most recent budget
- Researching required document discrepancies with client and/or vendors
- Communicating with vendors to resolve disputes, correcting billing errors, providing tax-exempt documentation, and providing other information and analysis as necessary
- Assisting with the preparation and analysis for annual financial audits
- Providing support to Finance team and partake in ad hoc projects as needed
- Actively engage in identity work and necessary conversations in order to dismantle white supremacy culture with both students and colleagues
BENEFITS AND PERKS
Explore Schools staff members receive a competitive salary, vacation including network shutdown days, considerable matching of retirement contributions, and more. Additionally, you can expect:
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Professional development: regular professional development, retreats and trainings and on-going coaching and support.
- Flexible and reflective leadership: dedicated to staff development and committed to direct and sensitive communication.
- Driven and passionate colleagues who contribute to a professional and collaborative work environment.
Explore is a network of 8 charter schools located in Canarsie, Crown Heights, and Flatbush communities of Brooklyn, NY. Our network office is located in DUMBO, Brooklyn. For the 21-22 school year, our schools will be moving back to a fully in-person model. This role will require traveling: you will spend most of your week visiting our schools, and will check in at our main office regularly.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Explore Schools is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or military status.